Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts

   Well, last night our local bike club had an invitation to the new Trek bike shop grand opening, so I went. Free food and drinnks were abundant. Nice spread. Goodies included one particularly intersting thing...a flip-top Fattire Beer tire patch kit. That was kind of cool and different. At the back of the store, unknown to many, was a little competition. They were doing free 60 second Powertap tests. I had never done one of those so I figured what the heck. I'm wearing scrubbs, but who cares. My sugar was a little high when I did this, so it kept going up afterwards and I had to correct for the increases, but it was fun. 60 seconds of "how much power can you put into the peddles" can catch you off guard if the day before you pushed yourself hard for 40 minutes straight through. You only live once right!


No comments:

Post a Comment