Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday - Moderate Ride

Ride: 39.01 Miles
Terrain: Rollers with a few baby hills
Time: 02:12:43

Pre-Ride Glucose: 98 mg/dL
Post-Ride Glucose: 133 mg/dL
Intake: 6 PB Crackers (before start), 8 oz. Hammer Heed, 1 Hammer Gel
Ride Pump Status: Suspend

   Today, was a day all people who love to get outside hope to be able to take advantage of. It was perfect. Really. I never expect to be able to enjoy too many of these types of days each year, but man it was absolutely perfect. Mild wind, perfect temps, sunny and beautiful. So, bumping up the mileage was very enjoyable today. Got some sun too. I took some of the Red Riders out again and we just enjoyed ourselves while pushing a little too. I say "took", but really I'm just saying "hey guys lets go put some miles on the legs". No one had any issues today. I'm glad for that. I think that on any ride we do, there will be plenty of folks to help out if something does pop up. We've got a lot of knowledge in the group and probably about 100 years worth of experience in diabetes care amongst ourselves also.

   Lately, I've taken to being a good bit more observant of vehicles on the road. There have just been too many recent events involving bikes and vehicles in this area to not have it on your mind. I'm not paranoid, but I'm just upping my alertness for safety sake...mostly for riders with less time on the bike.






No comments:

Post a Comment