Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Sick of This

   Unfortunately, I really mean that. I been feeling my body trying to fight off some funk for like a week and a half. It's been some pretty nasty, what I call, "Underworld Black Plague" hitting a lot of people in this area. It hits most folks both up top and down below and man it's the roughest virus I've seen in a while. My Friday night last week was well, like having a large hurricane move through your GI. I'll just leave that there for safety sake. Many friends and colleagues have had the "UBP" and I've yet to see just exactly how it's passing. I have to say that my sugars have been not too bad, but I can definately feel fluctuations in glucose levels during sick sessions when I'm feeling like crap. So, I just do a temp basal rate for 30 mins to 1.5 hours to adjust for the bumps in the sugar. I'll be a happy camper when this junk is gone.

On a side note, I just got a sweet helmet (2003 Giro "Pneumo") for a sweet deal. Man I've never had a helmet fit so perfectly. Now I'm sporting all Red, White, and Blue.






No comments:

Post a Comment