Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Monday - "Suck it up" Run

Run: 3.3 Miles
Terrain: Very Hilly Neighborhood
Time: 0:29:03

Pre-Run BG: 213 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 138 mg/dl
Intake: 12 oz Choc. Silk (Recovery Drink)
Run Pump Status: Regular Basal

    I was itching to get out for a run. It's been like a week and a half since my last run and I hadn't gotten my lazy arse out while in the Smokies for a week. Oh well, the vacation was much needed and so was the physical break. I didn't pay enough attention to the weather until I hit the road tonight, but the air was wicked thick and hot. I reminded myself that this was the reason why I was running at 4 AM a few years ago. By about 1.5 miles in I hating the fact that I knew better then to go any further for tonight. I knew I'd run much further this Wednesday night, so for now play it safe and use this as a christening for the week. Anyway, this one goes in the books as the sweatiest freaken run for the year so far. No BG problems. The only thing I noticed was that I was struggling to get enough O2, and that just wasn't cool. Of course the city has us labeled today for air-quality as an "orange alert" so that definitely didn't help. You can almost feel your lungs sucking in all of the crap in the air as you're chugging along. Oh well, you only live life once and you do your best right?






No comments:

Post a Comment