Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Slower Days

    Somehow, I'm going to figure out a way to use my work-around-the-lawn-all-day-on-the-weekend times as exercise. I mean I wore my HR monitor Sunday from 9 AM till about 8PM and burned 3000 calories hoofing it around the yard. The way I figure it mowing a hilly lawn and keeping the HR at least between 145-160 is as good as a work-out as could be done for two hours in a hilly yard. Or take for example last night. I removed the old stain from our porch ( the deck is larger and next) and got a good sweat out of it. When I scrubbed that old crap off with the hose brush it took my like an hour. I was soaking drenched and not from the hose. That was a good 60 minute work-out also. Hmmm...maybe I'll call them "labor workouts" since this stuff has to be done (don't we all have projects like this calling our names?) and it takes away from the time I could be using for running or cycling.

OK....so this is a slightly nonsensical way of trying to count work as a "work-out" that equals training. I'll just buck-up and call it "base" or "core" maintenance.






No comments:

Post a Comment