Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday Night - Group Run

Run: ~11 Miles
Terrain: Everything from Mildly Steep Grades to Flat
Time: 02:09:34

Pre-Run BG: 197 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 132 mg/dl
Intake: 4 oz Hammer Gel
Run Pump Status: 40 % of normal Basal

    OK, as others have noted, today was "National Running Day" and I guess my regular Wed. night group run just happened to fulfill this. I bit off more than I wanted to chew tonight, but I just myself to buck-up and just do it. I needed to be pushing myself and this fit the bill. I haven't run anything close to 11 miles in quite a while. It was a beautiful trail run though. I'd run out there in the woods with nothing but nature around me...anyday. It's far better than running the roads. I kept the BG in pretty good control tonight. Started with a great level and ended very well too. My sugar started up a little bit at by mile 4. At this point I didn't want to experience the lovely feeling of acidic build-up in my leg muscles, as I have a few times before with high sugar during a good workout, so I took 1u of Novolog and kept plugging away. At about mile 8 I started seeing a downward trend on the meter so I had the Hammer Gel. Worked perfectly. Maybe next time I'll leave the basal rate at like 60% and go from there.






No comments:

Post a Comment