Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wednesday - Group Run

Run: ~7.5 Miles
Terrain: Very Hilly Mt. Trails
Time: 01:01:12

Pre-Run BG: 150 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 166 mg/dl
Intake: Kid's fruit Powers Stick
Run Pump Status: 10% of normal

    Man, it's getting freaken hot and extremely humid here. I'd give this up for Northern Arizona anyday. Tomorrow it's suppose to be like 98-100 degrees but feel like 104-105. Definately an early AM or late PM workout schedule right now. Acccchhhhk!

   Last nights run was a little different for me. First, let me say that I run with a group of folks who ALL are faster than me. That being said, for last 4/5 runs I've split from the group and done my own thing. Working on form, adjusting to the climate while trail running again, and getting back up to speed have been the priority until I felt I could at least stay up with the group. That done, last night's run was with the whole group as it use to be. I got there early and did a 1.7-2 mile warm-up. That warm-up got me ready so I could stay up with the group evidently. Nice. This was one of the steepest runs I've done probably since M3 from last year. My BG's were perfect. Absolutely perfect it felt good. The quads and calves were a little sore when I got home so I got the Stick to them and when I woke this AM...no problems and no pain. Nice....I'd like for it to stay this wya, but we all know better then that.





No comments:

Post a Comment