Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday - 1st Time on the Treadmill

Run: 3.5 Miles
Terrain: Mild Grade ~4%
Time: 0:36:01

Pre-Run BG: 141 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 198 mg/dl
Intake: Nada
Run Pump Status: normal


    I hadn't put much thought into using our new treadmill for the first time. After Saturday night's swim attempt you would think I might have, .....but. So, I warmed up and tried to get use to a new piece of machinery. All I can say is running on the trail or road is FAR easier. This sucker feels too short also. Maybe it's all in my head, but I kept worrying about being in the perfect spot, which took me like 20 minutes to find...along with the perfect speed to stay there and get a decent run in also. This crap is ridiculous, but I needed the run. Next time I'll get five miles in then go from there. I don't recall having issues like this a the gym. That's for sure. OK, I'll stop complaining. I got to exercise and that's what counts. I can still walk. I have diabetes, but I'm alive with all of my limbs....beeeee positive. I need to use this thing in the dead of winter anyway. So I had better start liking it. No problems and I got a few miles in the bank. All is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment