Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wedneday - Brick

Run: 5 miles
Terrain: Flat and Hilly
Time: 0:36:13

Pre-Run Glucose: 71 mg/dl (uh-oh)
Post-Run Glucose: 146 mg/dl
Intake: 3 shots of Hammer Gel
Run Pump Status: 30% of normal

   Tonight I would be doing the "Ride of Silence" and so I made it a workout event evening by getting a run, and a few extra miles on the bike, in. The run felt good. I never felt bad at any point during the run and I was pushing it tonight. This pace is kind of fast for me. I normally run a ~ 8:30-9:15 mile pace. Comfortable. I rechecked the distance and was a little shocked I'd done it that fast, but well I am training, so it's gotta pay-off sometime right!


Ride: 32.36
Terrain: flats, rollers, and some very hilly stuff

Time: 0:59:13 (20 mile training); 01:26:30 (12 mile "Ride of Silence")

Pre-Ride Glucose: 90 mg/dl
Post-Ride Glucose: 138 mg/dl
Intake: 5 glucose tabs, 1 granola bar
Ride-Pump Status: 30% of normal


   The training ride felt really good. I couldn't believe I was cranking at the speed I was at times. This is just proof I need to do the hill training, with the .9 mile climb at home, more often. As for the Ride of Silence, this was the first one ever held in Chattanooga. Read about it. The event was held in memory of David Meek who was killed last March here in Chattanooga when a delivery truck basically hit his bike.






No comments:

Post a Comment