Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wednesday Night Group Run

Run: 7 miles
Terrain: Hilly Trail
Time: 01:11:13

Pre-Run Glucose: 168 mg/dl
Post-Run Glucose: 131 mg/dl
Intake: 1 yogurt granola bar
Run Pump Status: 30% of norm (first 4 miles), Suspend last 3 miles

   It was very nice to get back out with the group and hit the trails again. I've been carpooling for a few months saving my nickies and dimes to get the best hybrid option for a car. That car ended up being a Prius. Got what I wanted it just took a little while to find the right one for the right price. The run was nice. On the way out I thought it was going to be an awful lot of uphill during the return, but the return turned out to be no worse than the going out. I also underestimated myself. I went out a little hard, feeling like I was just under the red-line. So, I slowed down and focused. That is I focused on form and strengthening the knees. Once I hit my groove I felt like I could have just kept going for another 10 miles. Oh well. I'll get more mileage in next time. The glucose started trending downward at mile 3.5 so I dropped back on the basal and ate my granola bar. I had forgotten my Gel flask....dooooogh....so granola would have to do. beautiful evening and a beautiful run though. I look forward to many more.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike just found your blog i was wondering if I could interview you for Running Times,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. E-mail me at michaelfraser@hcahealthcare.com and we'll talk about it.

    ReplyDelete