Monday, May 4, 2009

Thursday - The Hilly Hood

Run: 5 miles
Terrain: Very Hilly
Time: 0:54:13

Pre-Run Glucose: 90 mg/dl
Post-Run Glucose: 72 mg/dl
Intake: 16 oz Choc. Silk, 4 PB&J Crackers (Pre-Run), 8 oz powerade
Run Pump Status: 30 % of normal basal rate - 1st 2.5 mile, Suspended afterwards

   Not a great time. I'd like to see this get down to 45 mins by the end of the summer. My problem is though, is that this run is like all hills. A track runnners nightmare. But, it's my neighborhood and a close to home run. It's where I am so I use it. Now that I have a super gas saving vehicle maybe I won't feel as bad about driving to a ride more often.

   I had a low sugar start, so that wasn't so great. I was pushing moderately on the run and that I guess showed when near mile 2 the glucose really never trended upward. Oh well, better to face this today then during a race. That's what happens when you try to get a run in 30 mins after getting home from work and on the only dry day of the week. We're still getting steady rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment