Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday - Bike Hill Work

Ride: 12.3 Miles
Terrain: Rolling hills and then a steep one mile climb
Time: 01:11:03

Pre-Ride Glucose: 98 mg/dl
Post-Ride Glucose: 120 mg/dl
Intake: 18 oz choc. Silk (before ride), 3 oz Hammer Gel
Ride Pump Status: 50 % of Normal


    A couple of my tri buddies and I got out today and did a pumpy big hill nearby for some calf screaming joy. You can hit 50+ on the straight-away flat at the base descending it. When you get to the top it's a beautiful view of the whole Chattanooga Valley. Pretty nice payoff for the moderate sweat you put into it. I was the first one to the top...so I'll unofficially be the KOM for whatever that counts for. Maybe if we keeping doing it enough something would happen with that, especially to make it a little competitive. This time I for set-up I decided to leave the basal at 1/2 and see what I got. It was a slightly shorter ride, but that allows some safety. The glucose levels were great and I felt stellar. In fact, I passed one of my friends who had to stop and catch his breath and when the two of them joined me at the top I felt like I probably could do it again. In hindsight I should have, but that's OK. I'll get in two next time. Then we'll see who the KOM is.




No comments:

Post a Comment