Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday - Trainer Ride

Ride: 18.5 Miles
Terrain: Trainer
Time: 0:01:00

Pre-Ride Glucose: 278 mg/dl ( too far north )
Post-Ride Glucose: 120 mg/dl ( headed south )
Intake: NADA
Ride Pump Status: Normal

   OK, so you squeeze in the miles anyway you can sometimes. Today's schedule dictated a quick trainer ride at home. Normally, I'm at work by 7 AM, but today was a cool weird day. I was asked to do a quick local news interview (for Tour De Cure) for a Saturday morning community segment. I hadn't ever done that before...so ther's a first. The ride this morning, while looking out the back porch at perfect morning riding weather, was well less then great, but ok.

   Back to the Apidra issue again. Yesterday afternoon my glucose jumped through the roof for a few hours, after a typical meal I would normally eat, and then finally came back from the north pole. This AM it did the same thing again and then with both bolus on board and exercise, it came back home and then headed south quickly. Time for breakfast. Now, it should be noted I'll change sites again tonight, but Sunday I mowed the lawn with a new cartidge of insulin. Got the problems after that. I've also had multiple "No Delivery" alarms, on two seperate cartridges, the past few days also. We'll see how this next change-out goes. I will say that this is going to be the last bottle of Apidra I use until colder weather starts up in the fall. My health is worth too much to me to have to continually battle with this.





No comments:

Post a Comment