Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday - Shake Things Up Ride

Ride: 36 Miles
Terrain: Lots of hills, including an unexpected multi-level 1000 footer
Time: 3:03:43

Pre-Ride Glucose: 149 mg/dL
Post-Ride Glucose: 201 mg/dL
Intake: 28 oz gatorade, 1 granola bar, 6 PB crackers
Ride Pump Status: Suspend


   This was a Red Riders ride to kind of see how everyone would do on a far more varied route. Variety is what we got too. It was good, but folks just couldn't stick together as a group very much. Thinking they had to turn here or there....not really knowing though, and worse yet, not really waiting. Next time I'll just give them all turn-by-turn and let them go at it. I guess I'm not use to leading out on rides enough yet to have expected this.

   The ride was good for me. Having pushed myself on Saturday not all too much, it felt good to get out and stretch the legs again. I hope for more of this in the future too. No diabetes issue for this ride either. I had enough supplies, even for two other folks who thought they had tire changing tools but hadn't realized that they really didn't have them. All is cool. That's why it was a "Black Hawk" ride. I don't like leaving anyone behind. I don't think it's nice or smart.






No comments:

Post a Comment