Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday - Speed Ride

Ride: 18.1 Miles
Terrain: Mild Rollers and Flats
Time: 0:57:13

Pre-Ride Glucose: 98 mg/dL
Post-Ride Glucose: 156 mg/dL
Intake: 6 PB Crackers, 8 oz. Heed
Ride Pump Status: Suspend


   OK, first I need to get my butt out there and run more. I'm getting ready for my century, but I've still got to run man. OK, with that out of the way, Saturdays' ride was with winds of like 25-30 mph in 3 directions on the loop I do. Man, that will give you a workout. Thank goodness for aerobars. I feel like I actually rode pretty well though. I'm thinking that when the perfect day comes and I happen to find myself out ther eon my fav route, I ought to be able to push 50-55 mins on the 18 miler. This was a typical ride though, I just pushed a little harder than normal. I didn't like starting low, but it hiked up soon enough and stayed there to the end. Then I just do a temp basal for like 1-1.5 hours of like 140-150% of normal to compensate for the liver still thinking it needs to convert fat to glucose.




No comments:

Post a Comment