Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday - Maintnance Run

Run: 6.5 miles
Terrain: Pretty darned flat......University Track
Time: 0:59:13

Pre-Run Gluclose: 154 ml/dL
Post-Run Glucose: 135 ml/dL
Intake: 6 PB & J (crackers 30 mins before run)
Run Pump Status: Suspend

   I have to say the quads were a little more sore tonight than I had expected them to be. I'm going to have to use the "stick" a little more than I thought after long runs. I've been keeping up with the stretching, I told myself was going to be absolutely necessary each night, prior to the marathon and it's helped a good bit. Even through the mild soreness in the quads tonight, I felt like I had a much better stride throughout the run. Another thing I experienced tonight, that I haven't felt before or haven't felt in a long time, was a boost in ability (as in being able to push harder) or the sense there of. At about mile 2 I noticed that I was not as tired as my legs feigned to be. I was able to push through that soreness and man it was an awesome feeling. Like I had this extra reserve to tap at will. So, I did to get a feel for it and see if it was what I thought it was...proof that training was paying off. The miles in the bank are paying off. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment