Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday - Base Run

Run: 4 miles
Terrain: Pretty darned flat
Time: 54 mins (not every run has to be fast or hard, enjoy it when you have company too)

Pre-Run Glucose: 147 ml/dL
Post-Run Glucose: 76 ml/dL
Intake: 1/2 protein bar, 4 oz Gatorade
Run Pump Status: Normal Basal Rate (I underestimated the effort I'd put into this run...)

   Today, was a nice little run in the park type of day. The glucose was perfect to start with, but silly as we all are sometimes I didn't think I'd be putting as much effort into the run as I had, so I left the pump in normal basal mode. Oops! I'll think twice about that next time. Maybe drop to a minimum of like 50% temp basal rate for short runs like this. So, I corrected for the low and enjoyed a fairly low impact run, mostly the company and put a few more miles in the bank.



No comments:

Post a Comment