Monday, January 5, 2009

Sunday - Long Run

Run: 9.5 miles
Terrain: Very Hilly Road and Trail
Time: ~02:20:15

Pre-Run Glucose: 134 mg/dL
Post-Run Glucose: 179 mg/dL
Intake: 2 Endurolite caps, 6 PB&J crackers
Run Pump Status: Suspend

   This is the day I've come to realize that running the "secret trails" is not good terrain for marathon mileage building, unless of course it's a trail marathon, but the Mercedes Marathon is not that. So, I must leave the privacy of the "secret trails" and head out to known flatter roads. In order to get the distance in I need flats for now. I killed my knees Sunday pounding in the mileage and didn't get the miles I'd hoped for. So...no more "secret trails" until after the mercedes marathon. Moday, the soreness was gone as to be expected, but I haven't had knee pain like that for some years because of hills. So, I had better remember that. Thanks to Ed for finishing the mileage with me and to Paul for putting up with unexpected hilliness on a route he didn't even have directions on. Patience appreciated. Riverwalk here we come next Sunday...18-20!


No comments:

Post a Comment