Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tuesday - Maintenance Run

Run: 6.7 miles
Terrain: Road - flat and mildly hilly
Time: 58 mins

Pre-Run Glucose: 147 mg/dL (PERFECT)
Post-Run Glucose: 89 mg/dL (Pushing it a little)
Intake: 8 oz Glucerna
Run Pump Status: Suspend (Last 3.7 miles only)

   OK, this was one of those "have to do it....don't want to do it...get over it and go"...runs. Dark, windy, cold, flurries, tight shoulder to run on, fast traffic on portion of the route, so with the complaining over with,...it wasn't too bad! Don't stop running though, you'll start getting hyperthermic quickly. No problems, except that I started with a great glucose level and forgot to place the pump on suspended status until like mile 2.4. The weather reminded me of a quiet deep winter walk on the property up in Michigan when I was a kid. Solitude is good, just not with some of the above conditions. I'd rather be on the treadmill.
   The other thing I'm trying to workout here is the post run insulin variances. On a shorter run like this, I don't need to take a higher temporary basel. I do however still have to take like 1/2 to 1/3 of the normal amount of insulin I would take. I trying to gauge how long hours/days this 1/2 to 1/3 of normal is actually needed. It's not easy. As of current it appears for me to be about 36 hours post run that the 1/2 insulin regime is needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment