Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wednesday - Group Trail Run

Run: ~6.5-7 Miles
Time: 01:36:13
Terrain: Very Hilly

Pre-Run BG: 156 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 126 mg/dl
Intake: ~6 oz Hammer Gel
Run Pump Status: 100% NBR (normal basal rate)

     It was a nice day with milder temps on the top of the mountian, so I pushed for more mileage today. I wanted to go all the way to the road that crosses this ridge I was running on. I hadn't done that yet and wanted to. The run is tough enough with 2 steep hills to come back up, but then by finishing the section to the road...yeah another killer hill. It's good cardiac work right? I'm telling you just walking up those silly hills I'm like 160-165 on the heart rate monitor. It's work man.

     As for BG levels, they were a little high to begin. Next time, I'll take a small bolus to start dropping the blood sugar begore the run when it's this high...for my Wednesday night run. The BG got to about 204 and then held there. After 2 bolus' it finally started to go back down. It dropped a little quick, two down arrows for a while, but then capped off at about 136 mg/dl. Overall, not a perfect feeling tonight while running, but it was OK.

Notes: Get a Chiropratic adjustment. Breathing should be this tight. I can't seem to ever breathe deep enough. There's also a tight spot, that's always there, in the maybe T3 region, that I know is not correctly aligned. Get it fixed. Check BP to see if it's too high, hence the harder the heart must work to get O2 out to where it's needed.






No comments:

Post a Comment