Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunday - Long Run

Run: ~ 9 Miles
Terrain: Treadmill
Time: 01:41:18

Pre-Run BG: 140 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 198 mg/dl
Intake: 5 oz Hammer Gel
Run Pump Status: Normal Basal Rates


    Sunday was a busy day. We're currently building a "super-mega" rainwater collection project, so much of the day was spent doing this. I say "super-mega" because it's a system with 15 barrels each holding up to 55 gallons of water. Compared to the average backyard water collector...that's huge. I decided to save time and just run at home. By doing this I was able to leave my basal rates at 100% during the run and see how I did under safer conditions. Pretty well as it turns out. So, this next Wednesday I think I'll leave my basal rates closer to 100% then I have in the past and see how it goes. I kept the HR in the 150-155 range the whole run and that felt rejuvenating also.

No comments:

Post a Comment