Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wednesday - Group Run

Run: 6 Miles
Terrain: Hilly and Windy (Rather Intestinal Trail)
Time: 0:58:43

Pre-Run BG: 161 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 110 mg/dl
Intake: ~6 oz Hammer Gel
Run Pump Status: 50% of normal


    Perfect weather this evening for a nice little trail run in the park. Today, I started ticking off planned runs from the training program I've jumped into. So today's run was a Tempo Run. Six miles around the lake on what I would have called a rather intestinal-like trail. I hadn't been on this park trail before and being so much closer to home....I like it. Plus it's longer then the 4.2 miler that has been the main park run close to home. Options are great. Today, I turned my basal rate down to 50% of norm 1 hour prior to the run. Got to the park did a 20 minute warm up and then took-off with the group for a 2 x ( 8t / 2e) set. So, I got moving at a sustainable "t"ough pace and did that for 8 minutes. Then, a 2 minute recovery of "E"asy running. and then repeated. After the second set I finished the run at a moderate level and slowed down at the end. The sugars were freaking perfect. About half-way through the run I rad the CG as stating I was trending downward, so I kept up with the gel. However, at the same time I felt that my glucose was actually starting to jump from glycogen usage. Indeed, this was proven when I got back to the car and with in minutes the CG graph did a 360. Good, I knew what my body was saying. Next time I'll try to remember this and either slow down on the gel or, most likely, take a small amount of insulin to bump this down. I was very happy with the BG this run.





No comments:

Post a Comment