Saturday, July 11, 2009

Friday - Hill Work

Run: ~3 Miles
Terrain: Very Hilly
Time: 0:53:55

Pre-Run BG: 131 mg/dl
Post-Run BG: 98 mg/dl
Intake: 6 oz. Chocolate Silk Pre-run
Run Pump Status: 50% of Normal Basal Rate

Today, was a beautiful and cooler morning to start my hill workouts. The one somewhat redeeming factor about living on the big hill we live on is it's great for workouts (though not pleasant when you leave from the house on a 10 miler and have to finish your run up that sucker). I gauged myself perfectly. I started with an OK BG and took the Silk to bump it. I might have to find a larger hill as by the end of the last repeat I was like 40 ft from the edge of my driveway and the top of the hill. Got the HR's going and felt the push so it was a good run. The cool thing about hill work is that you literally see yourself progress as you're running, unlike a tempo run for example.





No comments:

Post a Comment