Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday's Thought

   Well, here I sit wishing my quads to a faster recovery. I've forced myself to do at least 15 minutes of stretching a night. Honestly, I think I'd get more flexibility from a yoga class, but I don't have the time. I love my job (I'm a Nuclear Medicine Technologist), but with working 4 ten hour shifts in a row and being on call, short evenings still bec. it's still Feb.,....yap yap yap, you only have so many hours in a day. I'll get a few shorter runs in over the next 11 days leading up to Mercedes Marathon. This is my first road marathon and only my second marathon ever. My first was a trail marathon (Mystery Mountain Marathon - M3) and it was not an experience to forget. This time around I'll have far more miles in the bank and will have worked out some serious details as far as my diabetes care plan goes. I think I had no clue on that first attempt of a marathon. In fact, because of that I tend not to count it as my first marathon.

   So, with all that I've changed, monitored and planned out this time....needless to say I'm excited. I still don't know yet if my quads recovery time is a little more prolonged compared to the average Joe or not, but it does seem to be so. So, I'm just going to take it easy and play it safe for the next 11 days and do some temperate reminder runs. No frills, lot's of stretching. After this, I will start ramping up the cycling a good bit more again too so I'm getting some good steady mileage in by late April for the TDC Century. This ought to be a fun century again this year and always plenty of perfectly placed SAGS.






No comments:

Post a Comment