Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sunday - First Road Ride of the Year

Ride: 18 miles
Terrain: Mostly Flat With Rollers
Time: 01:05:44

Pre-Ride Glucose: 155 mg/dL
Post-Ride Glucose: 108 mg/dL
Intake: Granola bar - post ride
Ride Pump Status: Basal rate @ 50% of normal


   Well, I dusted the bike off, lubed her, kicked the tires and headed out on the saddle again today. It's been too long. It felt good. I mean I haven't had a good ride like that in a while. I'm itching to do some speed work already. Man, I must be nuts. I look forward to some speed on Friday's. I hope to have some others join in on the fun this year. I only averaged like 16.5 mph, but heah I wasn't out to impress anybody. We got the team pic for our TDC Promo and that was great too. I've missed that route for awhile now. I always love coming down this certain farm road that's fairly flat and fast. It's got these perfect early morning over-the-fence views of some great farmland out there. Bluebirds on the fence and all. Just peaceful. One of those places you would love to live in or near. May the rides keep coming!







No comments:

Post a Comment