Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday - Tapering

Run: 13 miles
Terrain: Mostly flat
Time: ~02:20:00

Pre-Run Glucose: 89 ml/dL (30 mins before run), start of run was (133 w/ 2 up arrows)
Post-Run Glucose: 108 mldL
Intake: 6 PB & J crackers prior to run (sugar was 89), 6 oz Gatorade, 1 Gel
Run Pump Status: Suspend (first 6 miles), reg basal after that


Well, this run was one for the "It Sucked" book. That's alright once in a while. I expect it. I realised I had overcompensated for my low bg prior to take-off. It is far easier for me to raise my glucose levels during a longer run than it is to try and drop them when rising too quickly. This was a "Soar and Crash" run. The quads at mile 5 felt like they usually do at mile 10. Not good. I managed the glucose, pushed as hard as possible, and walked about 1/2 mile. It's hard for me to push through a high glucose period. It totally feels like crap, but what are you going to do? Suck it up and make it back. Learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment