Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wednesday - Group Run

   Tonight's run was to be an easy taper. 2 things here...#1 I ran a PR instead of tapering (I know , I know), and #2 my glucose dropped a little too low for my liking. According to the CG it hit 97, so I assume it was somewhere a little below that since I was a bit low on energy and the HR was a little too high. Downed some gel and off I went. Fixed it within a few minutes. In fact, after taking gel I realized I could PR the run, so I pushed it a little. I wouldn't have, but all felt well and I don't feel like I put in a hurtful effort. This AM I'm feeling like I do after a mediocre run, so all is good. I also tried a new sock tonight. Man I like'em so far. I'll try them one more time and probably use them Sunday. It's made by Injinji: and called a toesock. I received a pair of socks like this years ago as a Christmas gift, but hadn't thought of their possible use for trail running. Saw a friend with a pair the other day and asked where she got them. So, I snagged a pair before the run last night and tried them out. They wicked well and felt better then most of my current running socks. We are folks who not only as runners but as diabetics have to take good care of our feet and this is a great way to do that. I'll say if you have problems with blistering, these will help significantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment