Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday - Oops!!

   The Summer. Where did it go? I'm at least not the only one whose training gets in the way of blogging and who has just not had time to blog. I'd rather run or ride than blog any day. So, I've lost a month of posts. Oh well. I've gotten some good training in. I'm enjoying the speed workouts at the track and had some enjoyable rides afterwards. Bricks on Friday. Those Sunday runs have gone well. At least until I pushed 3.5 hours Sunday and got some nice micro-tearing. Hmmm that's fun. It'll slow me down but not stop me. Wednesday nights have continued to be enjoyable trail runs with the gang up on the mountain. I had a steller run a few weeks ago. I was in the zone legs, cardio, blood sugars, and all. Man that was a heavenly ~12 mile almost 2 hour run. I wish I could have more like that. Just changed out the trail shoes last night also...as Sundays run tortured my feet and I knew it was time. So I slipped on a new pair of Brook's Cascadia 4's.....man those bad boys are awesome.Funny thing is it's been raining the past few days so I knew Wednesday night's trail run was going to be a degree of sloppy. The runners store had a grey and darker grey model of the shoe on the wall. I thought that would be great because man I'm gonna probably trash these poor shoes within the first 10 minutes out. Wouldn't you know it the shoe I like happens to be the Cascadia...trick is it's not grey..it's bright yellow and with with some black striping on it. I laugh to myself knowing their beauty is doomed. It's gonna happen at some point on the trail anyway, why not the first run out. Who cares my feet were in heaven at least.





No comments:

Post a Comment