Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday Night Run

Wednesday 19th

Run: ~ 6 miles
Terrain: Hilly Park Trails
Time: 58 mins

Pre-Run Glucose: 112 mg/dl
Post-Run Glucose: 172 mg/dl
Intake: 6 glucose tablets (each has 4mg carbohydrate/tablet)
Run Pump Status: Suspend


   A nice run in the dark through the park. Some really steep hills, great for warming the legs up that's for sure, and mostly soft and insulated with all of the recent leaf downage. Our group (four guys) split from the larger group (a mixed group of about 10 people) and we did a slightly more challenging section of the trail. We were basically suckers for a little extra torture on the steep hills. The highlight, literally, of the run for me was when I realized I could light up the trail enough for all four of us. That Black Diamond "Icon" is the shnizzle with its 3 amp power. I recommend getting yourself one.

   Problem Spot: I've now taken care of my toe bruising sessions, thank goodness.
However, I continue to have something happen on most of my runs which I need to figure out how to address. My left heel gets quite tender to walk on the morning after a run. Throughout the next day it does feel better by about noon, but man getting out of bed and walking on that thing first thing in the AM sucks.....a little reseach shows this to be your typical Plantar Fasciitis.



No comments:

Post a Comment